Shinola The Sea Creatures 40MM - Black/Black
New to the Detrola family: A 40mm, 10 ATM sport watch inspired by critters of the deep sea—and built from ocean bound plastic that used to threaten them. Every minute, one truckload of plastic waste ends up in the sea. The earth’s resources, climate, and ecosystems are what inspire and empower us to make—and they deserve protection. So we looked for a pollution solution, and used it to build the Sea Creature Detrola. We crafted this watch’s case and strap from #tide ocean material® granules and yarn, made from 100% ocean-bound plastic waste. Every Sea Creature is living proof that single-use plastics can and should have a second life. Just not in the ocean.
- CASE: A stainless steel core. The organic shape, matte finish, and detailing on the submarine hatch-inspired case are made possible by upcycled plastic.
- DIAL: Inspired by the forms and colors of ocean critters, Sea Creatures have vibrant, organic “squircle”-shaped dials with aquatic textures and details. To top it off, hands and indices glow with blue SuperLumi-Nova lume, reminiscent of bioluminescent bays.
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, big seconds.
- MOVEMENT: Argonite 715 our own movement we stand behind. This high-accuracy quartz movement, which is hand-assembled in Detroit with Swiss and other imported parts.
- WATCH STRAP: The wonderfully wavy Sea Creatures straps are made from #tide ocean material® yarn. Easy to clean and durable, they’re also comfortable and water-resistant.