Shinola The Monster GMT Automatic 40MM - Navy
First developed for commercial airline pilots in the 1950’s, GMT watches are the perfect traveler’s companion. The 40mm Monster GMT features a fourth hand that rotates once every 24 hours—meaning the wearer can check against the ceramic bezel insert marks to track time in multiple time zones.
Short for Greenwich Mean Time, GMT is the earth’s average solar time according to the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. Pilots reference GMT as they soar through global time zones, giving a name to this extraordinary time-keeper.
- CASE: The Monster GMT’s 40mm stainless steel case a navy-blue ceramic bezel insert features 24-hour markers for globetrotting time tracking.
- DIAL: From the diver down flag at the 12 o’clock mark to the calendar aperture at 3 and bold white indices, the brilliant deep navy blue dial is a standout. In addition to the hour, minute, and second hands, a fourth GMT hand stands boldly against the dark dial.
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, big seconds.
- MOVEMENT: Sellita SW330-2 Automatic GMT features a Swiss-made automatic movement that allows the wearer to track time in multiple time zones.
- WATCH STRAP: An innovative stainless steel bracelet is Shinola’s first men’s bracelet to feature quick release—meaning tools are not required to swap the bracelet quickly on the go.