Shinola The Mechanic 39MM - Black
The Mechanic is a hand-wound mechanical watch that honors the simple, tactile analog experiences of life. The name is inspired by the rich history of sign painters in Detroit, who called themselves “mechanics” in tribute to their precision and skill in conveying information with clarity and style—not unlike a well-crafted watch.
In keeping with its throwback design, the Mechanic features a domed dial, box crystal, curved hands, and a toothy crown for easy winding. The dial numbers’ shadow, outline, and fill harken to classic sign painting techniques. A case back window reveals the mechanical manual-wind movement. Finished with a leather strap, the Mechanic is a truly unique addition to the watch lover’s repertoire, with a plucky wind-it-yourself attitude and style to spare.
- CASE: The rounded square case of this 39mm timepiece is crafted from polished stainless steel with brushed sides and is finished with a sapphire crystal.
- DIAL: The domed dial features painted numerals that echo the style of sign painters. Curved hands top off this beautifully unique timepiece.
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, big seconds.
- MOVEMENT: The hand-wound Swiss-made SW210-1 accurately keeps the hours, minutes, and seconds.
- WATCH STRAP: New to the Shinola strap collection, this ultra-high end leather strap features a unique ridged design and look.